How to download an eBook
The app can read an eBook which is in an ePub format and out of copyright such as the free books available from Project Gutenberg.
At the present time the app will not work with:
- An ePub document which has lots of pictures.
- eBooks that are protected by the publishers copyright protection system (called DRM).We are working together with the RNIB to try to provide access to a wider range of eBooks for people with visual impairments.
You will need to download an ePub format eBook (without DRM copyright protection) to enable the app to work.
Using your iPad or Android tablet:
- Open a web browser (for example, Safari or Firefox).
- Enter the website address from which you want to download an eBook.
- Select the ePub format for the title you wish to read.
- Download the eBook.
- When the document loads, select the “Open in…” option, and choose MD_evReader from the list of applications.
You can download the user guide for the MD_evReader by clicking here.
For more information about Eccentric Viewing and how to use it, click here.